Come to discover the real Roman Cuisine in this daytime Tour of the Vatican, one of the most typical and important areas in Rome.
Meeting Point: Via Girolamo Savonarola 8
21 Food and Wine Tastings
Start at 9:30 AM – Duration: 4:00 hours
Prices: 69€(Adult) – 65€ (over 65/under 13) – Free (under 6)
Languages : English or Italian
Reservation is needed to participate
If you want to book today for tomorrow, contact us!
Small groups or Private Tours on request
The Vatican: one of the most beautiful and famous areas of Rome. If you want to discover the real city that still exists around the Vatican museums, the Sistine Chapel and the colonnade of St. Peter this is the tour for you! We will walk you through the magic atmosphere of Borgo Pio, one of the historical districts of the city that has preserved old traditions, sounds and colors of the past; discover the local market, where grocery shopping is still a daily ritual for Romans of today as it was in the past; savor the best of traditional Roman and Italian food prepared and served by the owners of the stalls and shops, jealous guardians of authenticity and goodness of their products. All this will make your tour an unforgettable experience of aromas and flavours.
Get ready to experience 4 hours of tastings in the best places of Rome, frequented by true Romans and by those who want to be mindfull visitors and not hasty guests in this magnificent city: 10 stops and more than 19 tastings of the best foods that the Roman countryside and the culinary traditions of this city can offer. All strictly seasonal, freshly cooked and authentic and far away from tourist traps and frozen foods. We will accompany you from breakfast to lunch, with tastings of cold cuts and cheeses, continuing with ice cream and to finish off, as Romans do, with a coffee and the best 360° view of Rome. We will guide you to discover the flavors and foods that only Italy can offer, in a culinary journey that you will never forget, with the option to buy the products tasted, and discover all the secrets of Roman cuisine from the persons who make tradition and good food a lifestyle.
Our local guides, archaeologists, all born and raised in Rome, will take you through a truly unique dining experience, revealing the history that lies behind each of the flavors that you will taste in some of the most genuine and traditional places of the city.
Starting from the real Roman breakfast and ending with coffee after lunch, here are some examples of what you will taste during our tour.
– The traditional breakfast of Romans: “cappuccino and cornetto” at one of the most famous bars in Rome, but totally unknown to tourists.
– The real mozzarella from Paestum IGT brand (Protected Geographical Indication) enjoyed in one of the oldest stalls inside the local market and the deliciuos ricotta.
– The incredible italian prosciutto cut by hand and the best Italian cheeses.
– The tomato, base of many Italian dishes, in the most classic and tasty bruschetta, prepared according to the recipes of Italian families with real genuine tomatoes, grown in the perfect soil and ripened in the sun.
– The Italian rice balls or supplì “on the phone”.Rome’s Favourite Street Food.
– A degustation of the extra virgin olive oil elected as the best organic oil in the world in 2014.
– Pizza, freshly made in the oldest bakery of the neighborhood, white or red, simple or stuffed, is one of the typical snacks of our city, the tasty snack of mid-morning. really appreciated by all, students, professionals, workers and shoppers. The bakery is famous and renowned throughout the city, and the family that runs it since 1915 jealously guards the secret of its recipe, synonymous of quality and authenticity.
– Egg noodle pasta, inevitable ingredient of every Italian home. We will visit one of the oldest artisan shops in Rome that make pasta, run by the same family since the first years of ‘900, learning the techniques of pasta masters, starting from a base of eggs and flour that become wonderful noodles, tonnarelli, tortellini and ravioli, the true poetry of the Italian cookbooks.
– After discovering how to make the dough, it is time to taste the pasta, cooked according to the most ancient traditions of Roman cuisine. All accompanied by good wine because, it is known, in Rome you never leave the table if your glass is still full.
– After lunch, ice cream, the real one and handcrafted: made only with seasonal fruits, creams prepared according to traditional recipes, no coloring agents or preservatives but only lots of authenticity and love. And, if you’re lucky, you will get see the master ice cream makers at work so as to appreciate the poetry and artistry that are hidden behind a good ice cream.
– Finally coffee, the inevitable finishing touch of every meal, made with a blend of selected coffee beans and roasted in the traditional style, and enjoyed while seated with the best 360° view of Rome.
This and many other tasty surprises await you in our Vatican Tour! Book now!
1. We are not only Italian, we are Romans. Born and raised in this great city, of which we will reveal every secret corner. The real Romans since 7 generations, graduates in archeology, connoisseurs of history, scholars of foods, wines and food traditions. We have a passion for the culinary culture and we grow it day by day.
2. We love our work. We have created our food tour because we love Rome, we love food and we love tourists who fill the streets every day. We want to give to those who visit this magnificent city unforgettable moments, with unique tasting food and discovering secrets and habits that only true Romans know.
3. During our tour we will give you the RomaEat gadgets, which you can use during the tour and also when you go back home.
4. We have tours for every need. If you are vegetarian or if you have food allergies, simple preferences, let us know and we will be happy to satisfy you.
5. We take care about the environment. The earth is a great place, but also very fragile, and we are aware of it. For this reason in our tour we do not use plastic materials, we seek to minimize waste, and we are careful to comply in all respects the environment that surrounds us.
6. We serve only the highest quality food, we do regular check of the products we eat during the tour, we prefer organic products and certified manufacturers. In our tours you will find only fresh and in season products, cooked for you according to the ancient traditions of Italian cuisine.